Re: Mailboxes vs. file browser sort order

=- Derek Martin wrote on Thu  5.Oct'06 at 10:37:32 -0400 -=

> Unfortunately this is not useful advice; there is no way to do
> what John is asking for.

Argh, I'm sorry very much, misunderstood/-read request.

=- John J. Foster wrote on Thu  5.Oct'06 at 10:48:20 -0400 -=

> > > Is there any mechanism for leaving the Mailboxes screen
> > > unsorted, while sorting the file browser "alpha"?
>
> Rado - thanks so much for your response. Perhap you could
> elaborate on which "sort*" variable will accomplish what I want.
> I currently define my mailboxes as follows

To amend my mistake:

Define macros for browsing either of the 2 which set
"sort_browser" as desired:

macro index Y ':set sort_browser=unsorted<enter><change-folder>?<tab>'
macro index c ':set sort_browser=alpha<enter><change-folder>'

I've very sorry. Not exactly what you want, i.e. toggle-mailboxes
from browser mode, but ... maybe you can get used to using 2 keys.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.