Re: broken subject lines in index

El miércoles 19 de julio a las 14:32:30 CEST, clloydknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I often receive mail with long subject lines and the display of these
> in the index seems slightly broken, even though my terminal window is
> plenty wide enough to display the full line. Here's an example subject
> line, cut-and-pasted from the index display:
>
> Escalation of privileges in Outpost and Lavasoft Firewalls -Unusu al
> ShellExecute behavior
>
> Note the additional space in the word "Unusual".
>
> Here is the actual subject line from the header of the mail:

> To: bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Escalation of privileges in Outpost and Lavasoft Firewalls -Unusu
>       al ShellExecute behavior
> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:23:16 -0400
>
> It looks like something wrapped the header because it was too long. In
> reassembling it, mutt inserted an extra space.
>
> This wrapping of long header lines appears to be fairly consistent in
> email i receive, especially in Received: lines, so it would appear this is
> "standard behaviour" for MTAs. I would have to guess, then, that the
> problem is with mutt. The question is, is it a configuration problem
> or a bug? And has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Yes, I have the same problem, but only if the smarthost on which my MTA
delivers the mail rewrites the headers. How is your MTA configured? Is
it using an smarthost? In that case, which smarthost is it?

I asked the same question in comp.mail.mutt newsgroups:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.mutt/browse_thread/thread/5ee71a0916c0d610/90c51768edcbad42?lnk=st&q=juanino+mutt&rnum=1#90c51768edcbad42

Please read the complete thread, I guess your problem is the same one.

Regards