Exiting mutt from the file browser

Hello.

I'm trying to get mutt to work in somewhat of a hierarchical manner.
By this I mean that to read a message I open mutt and go through:

Browser (pick a mailbox) > Index (pick a message) > Pager (read the message)

and when I want to back out of that, I would do:

Exit Pager > Exit Index > Exit Browser (e.g. exit mutt)

I'd like to be able to press 'q' at any point in order to back out of
that "level". However, when I press 'q' from the browser, I'm returned
to the last-opened mailbox index, rather than being asked if I really
wanted to quit.

I've tried setting up different macros and bindings such as:

macro index q "c?<toggle-mailboxes>"
bind browser q exit

But that just means that pressing 'q' from the browser returns me to
the index and pressing 'q' from the index returns me to the browser. I
get stuck in a loop and have to exit ungracefully (Ctrl-C).

Is there a way to make 'q' from the browser actually exit mutt?

Thanks.

--
Andy