Re: home and end keys not working

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 09:57:49PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Thursday, March  9 at 10:56 AM, quoth Troy Piggins:

> > As far as I can tell, my home and end keys are bound to first and
> > last entry commands, but hitting the keys I get an error "Key not
> > bound".

> Chances are, you and your terminal disagree about what key-code the
> home and end keys should be sending.

Yeah - terminal problem.

> bind index ^[[H first-entry
>
> That goofy-looking part (or something like it) should be what shows up
> when you press control-v and then press the home key.
>
> If that works, then you can fix the rest of your keys in a similar
> fashion.

That is a good workaround for me.

Paging Thomas Dickey to the white courtesy telephone.... are you on
mutt-users still, or just the dev list?

I installed the current termcap / terminfo sources on a Linux machine
and an OpenBSD machine, and From my Mac, I tried:

nsterm
nsterm-16color
nsterm+acs

and a couple of others, and none of them seem to set home and end
properly (my powerbook is sending  and  as home and end). Is
that the right terminal? And why are there like freaking 50 billion
different nsterm variations. No wonder people can't figure out all this
terminal stuff. Should I report this as a bug to the ncurses
maintainers? From reading the comments, the various nsterm entries seem
pretty outdated.