Re: freebsd, mutt, unicode

Hello,

 On Friday, January 20, 2006 at 7:57:47 +0000, mal content wrote:

>| LC_CTYPE: en_GB.UTF-8
>| LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8

    You can remove both variables: LANG suffices. What give:

| $ locale
| $ locale --all-locales | grep ^en_

> The current relative .muttrc settings:
>| set send_charset="iso-8859-1:utf-8"
>| reset charset

    Remove both lines.

>| set config_charset="us-ascii"

    I'm not sure that makes sense: What charset contain your [Mm]uttrcs
and all sourced files including aliases?

> Still, no unicode.

    You mean special chars are still octalised \320\223 and such, as if
they were not printable? That could be not well installed locales, or...
What gives:

| $ printf "\0320\0223" | iconv -f UTF-8 -t UTF-8 | hex
| D0 93

Bye!    Alain.