Re: \205

On Sat, Jul  2, 2005, Alain Bench wrote:
>     The ellipsis "?" U+2026, and en-dash "?" U+2013, do not exist in
> Latin-1, but in CP-1252 charset. It's a bug in the sending mailer to
> send CP-1252 wrongly labelled Latin-1.
>
>     Report the bug where appropriate, workaround the lie with
> "charset-hook ^iso-8859-1$ windows-1252", and get a better terminal with
> CP-1252 or UTF-8 charset, or use //TRANSLITerations.

Thanks a lot, Alain.  I set this charset-hook and now get question
marks for ellipsis and dashes.

See I feel I should be able to use whatever terminal I want and get
text displaying properly.  At work I have to use WinXP and use
SecureCRT.  At home I use the Mac OS X Terminal app.  At my
girlfriend's I use Putty on Win2k.  This is of course all ssh'd into a
remote host.  I'll try it out with the other terminals I use, but I'm
getting the question marks here on putty.

-Ken