Re: suggestions for viewing word/excel files

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 08:51:04AM -0700, Nabeel Khatri wrote:
> hi,
>
> what's the best way to view word/excel attachments?

For me, "best" means that you can view word/excel attachments that are
not in English, specifically, CJK.

International word documents can be converted to html with wvWare.  It
uses iconv, and is a real lifesaver.  Xlhtml in connection with lv
works pretty well with excel documents.

With word documents, I prefer Lynx to convert from html to text, but with
excel files w3m is probably the best.

But more than word/excel attachments I'm in desperate need of a rtf2htm
or rtf2txt converter that works with Japanese documents.

Any help or suggestions about converting international rtf files much
appreciated.

--
henry nelson
  day job << http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/pmp/nelson/neken.html