Re: \205

 On Saturday, July 2, 2005 at 1:55:14 PM -0400, Ken Weingold wrote:

> I feel I should be able to use whatever terminal I want and get text
> displaying properly.

    Limited by terminal capability: If it has no horizontal ellipsis,
you will not get an ellipsis. Only a question mark, or a fake ellipsis
transliterated to three dots...

> I'm getting the question marks here on putty.

    Set PuTTY Configuration / Translation / Character set translation on
received data / "Win1252 (Western)", select in "locale --all-locales" a
suitable locale for your language, country, and CP-1252, export it, and
then restart Mutt…

    Or set charset="//TRANSLIT"

Bye!    Alain.
--