Re: Mutt and dovecot - can't see anything except INBOX

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:01:31PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> I am trying to get mutt to work with a dovecot IMAP server, it's
> connecting OK and seeing INBOX but I can't get it to see all my other
> folders.
>
> The folders are definitely there and are visible with squirrelmail so
> it's something I've misconfigured in my muttrc but I can't see what at
> the moment.
>
> I'm running mutt 1.4.2.1i at the moment, upgrading to 1.5.x wouldn't
> be a problem if it would help at all.
>
> In my muttrc I have the following settings which relate to IMAP:-
>
>     set folder=imaps://localhost/
>     set spoolfile=imaps://localhost/INBOX
>     set record=imaps://localhost/sentmail
>
> I have tried setting imap_home_namespace to various likely things
> (e.g. /home/chris/Mail and /home/chris) but it doesn't seem to help.
>
> What do I need to do/change?

Oops - and the answer is - nothing!

I'm not quite sure why but it works now, it *might* be that I had
something to do with the namespace set and unsetting has fixed things.
Anyway sorry to have disturbed things.  :-)

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."