Re: multiple attachments from command line

 On Thursday, June 9, 2005 at 9:46:25 AM +0200, Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:

> On 8-06-2005, at 23h 07'31", Michael Tatge wrote
>> there is no file_charset must be a patch.
> patch-1.5.6.tt.assumed_charset.1

    $file_charset is one of the numerous features provided by
Takashi Takizawa in his Japanese patch. It is also part of the compat
patch, and of this tt.assumed_charset.1 patch that is integrated in
Debian packages since 1 year and a half.

> I managed to solve the problem with this setup:
>| set charset="iso-8859-2"

    Remove this line: The same value will be taken from the current
locale, and that's better.

>| set assumed_charset="utf-8:iso-8859-2:us-ascii"

    Most probably this does not work as you want. Best setting depends
on the sort of relevant mails you receive mostly, but
$assumed_charset=windows-1252 may be good. Anyway one should put only
one charset in $assumed_charset, or carefully choose the first of
multiples: It will be the only one used for bodies.

>| set file_charset="utf-8:iso-8859-2:us-ascii"

    Remove appended ":us-ascii". It is useless: Will never be selected
in the origin guesswork, because it is fully masked by others in front.
Any US-Ascii text is also a valid UTF-8 text.

Bye!    Alain.