CTRL-M everywhere

Some messages that I receive have both a text/plain and text/html parts.
I've configured Mutt to preferrably display text/plain (of course).
This works for most messages without a hitch.  But with some messages,
the text/plain part has CTRL-M characters ending every line.  There's no
special encoding (e.g. no Base64, no Binhex).  When I look at the raw
body, the text/plain part has "=0D" ending every line.  Is there any way
to filter out these carriage returns in Mutt or in some external 3rd
party tool?  Thanks in advance.

--
Eugene