Re: how to keybing for forwarding spam email with options

Charlie Allom wrote:
> to send spam to my spam bayesian bin I follow through with these keys to
> fwd as attachments to a spam-bin email alias:
> [...]
> how could i make this a keybind? perhaps i should cut my mutt losses and
> just pipe it to a shell script?

I usually do these types of things as external helper shell scripts.
It seems like it would be a lot simpler.  Set up a local key as a
shortcut to pipe it to that script and it all appears transparently in
mutt as if it were native.

To make this suggestion more concrete, how about this, rather off the
top of my head.

  macro index "S" "|myspamhandler\n" "Send to spam handler"

You could add your custom 'P'urge to the macro too.

  macro index "S" "|myspamhandler\nP" "Send to spam handler"

File myspamhandler:

  #!/bin/sh
  trap 'rm -f $TMPFILE' EXIT
  TMPFILE=$(mktemp) || exit 1