Re: IMAP questions

Hey Chris,

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 07:34:22PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> I've set my spoolfile and folder as suggested in "Mutt and IMAP" in
> the documentation.  I can now browse some of my mail on the remote
> machine as I expected, however there are some things I don't
> understand.

So the problems from your previous email are solved?

> If I save some mail to, for example, 'test1' then I can retrieve
> it by going to '=test1' but I can't see it using '?', all that '?'
> shows me is the INBOX.
>
> The mail saved to 'test1' is actually saved in $HOME/INBOX/test1.
>
> How do I set up a hierarchy of mailboxes on the IMAP server which I
> can navigate starting with '?'.

To what is $folder set now? Try adding INBOX or INBOX. to the present
value.

If that doesn't work, this may:

  imap_home_namespace

  Type: string
  Default: ""

  You normally want to see your personal folders alongside your INBOX in
  the IMAP browser. If you see something else, you may set this variable
  to the IMAP path to your folders.

> The IMAP server is UW I think, it reports as:-
>
>     OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
      ^^  seems OK to me.

Cheers,
Martin