Re: startup slowness

Hello Richard,
compiling mutt on Darwin is straight forward but I was unable to find my
build instructions. However if you want to use maildir header cache you
have to wait until mutt-1.5.10 is released, use cvs head or use
mutt-1.5.9 with this patch[1] applied.

On Debian I use the following instructions to build mutt CVS HEAD (that
is true for Testing, but I think it worked on Woody, too):

        export CFLAGS="-O2"
        aclocal -I m4 && autoheader2.50 && (cd m4 && make -f Makefile.am.in )
&& automake && autoconf2.50
        ./configure --enable-hcache --enable-imap --with-slang --with-ssl
        make AUTOHEADER=autoheader2.50 AUTOCONF=autoconf2.50

Greetings,
        Thomas

[1]
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/mutt-cvs-header-cache.29