Re: startup slowness

Hello Michelle,

> Oh yes, opening 'mutt' and reading my lkm mailfolder takes around 87
> seconds with around 200.000 messages AND "header-cache" VIA nfs and a
> 100 MBit network.

you can get more out of the header cache by doing the following:

        - Don't store the header cache file on nfs, but on a local
          filesystem like /var/tmp or even better /tmp (using virtual
          memory).

        - I think you already use one header cache database per folder
          otherwise create a directory and specify this directory in the
          header_cache variable.

        - Statting via NFS takes ages. So prevent mutt from doing it:
          set maildir_header_cache_verify=no

        - Using gdbm instead of db4. This doesn't buy as much as the
          three above points, but a bit.

Hope this speeds it up - even for the big folder.

        Thomas