Re: Different sorting of mailboxes

Per Carlson wrote:
> In my case (am using Maildir) that will be:
>
> folder-hook .                   'set sort=threads'
> folder-hook $HOME/Maildir       'set sort=date-received'
> folder-hook $HOME/Maildir/.sent 'set sort=date-sent'
>
> but it yields the same result. The Inbox and all other mailboxes then
> are sorted with (date-received/date). Sent is sorted with (date/date).

That would be because all your maildirs are inside your spool maildir,
so when mutt is reading folder-hooks for $HOME/Maildir/example it does:

folder-hook .                     => match (this matches everything)
folder-hook $HOME/Maildir         => match (example is inside Maildir)
folder-hook $HOME/Maildir/.sent   => no match

The last match yields 'set sort=date-received' and mutt duly obliges.

Try one of these instead:

folder-hook !$          'set sort=date-received'
folder-hook !/$         'set sort=date-received'

A "$" at the end of a regular expression matches the end-of-line, so
this hook shouldn't match any subfolders.  Maybe.

Toby

--
«A computer is a state machine. Threads are for people
who can't program state machines.»              —Alan Cox