Different sorting of mailboxes

Hi.

I would like to sort all my mailboxes as threaded by default, with two
exeptions: the default inbox (date-received) and my sent box
(date-sent). To acceive this, I've set up a default folder-hook with
threaded sorting, and overrides it for '!' and '=.sent' like this:

folder-hook .      'set sort=threads'
folder-hook '!'    'set sort=date-received'
folder-hook =.sent 'set sort=date-sent'

To my surprise, this will make *all* mail boxes sorted as
'date-received'. Changing the quoting from '!' to "!" don't help at all.

Have also tried to replace the default folder-hook with a global
'set sort=threads', but with the same result.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a better (read: working) way to do
it?

mutt -vv is returning "Mutt 1.5.6+20040907i (CVS)" (i'm using Debian
Sarge)

--

Regards, Per Carlson

"Disinformation Agency Can't Convince Staff It's Closed"
  -- SatireWire