Re: source a file from a $VAR ?

Am 2005-04-06 01:10:15, schrieb Toby:

> I can think of one reason and a half for it not to work:
>
> 1.   Environment variables get passed onto child processes, never up to
>      parent processes.  An external script called from mutt (!script) is
>      run as a child process.  Environment variables pass from mutt to the
>      script, but not the other way round.  This is a property of UNIX.

OK, so it is better to let 'tdmuttsource' create a tempfile with a
fixed name, source it, and the delete it...

macro index <F7> "!source tdmuttsource\n:source /tmp/tdms\n!rm -f /tmp/tdms\n"

> 1.5. You probably mean "export TDMS=..." above, without the dollar :-)
>      (unless you are using some weird shell whose syntax I ignore)

        Oops an error... it is exported as:      export TDMS=...

> Toby

Greetings
Michelle

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917                ICQ #328449886
                 50, rue de Soultz       MSM LinuxMichi
0033/3/88452356  67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian
(irc.icq.com)