Re: source a file from a $VAR ?

Michelle Konzack scrisse:
>     macro index <F7>  "!tdmuttsource\n:source $TDMS\n"
>
> tdnuttsource is the BASH script which create a "dialog",
> let me select the file and write it into the variable
>
>     export $TDMS=<config>

I can think of one reason and a half for it not to work:

1.   Environment variables get passed onto child processes, never up to
     parent processes.  An external script called from mutt (!script) is
     run as a child process.  Environment variables pass from mutt to the
     script, but not the other way round.  This is a property of UNIX.

1.5. You probably mean "export TDMS=..." above, without the dollar :-)
     (unless you are using some weird shell whose syntax I ignore)

Toby

--
«A computer is a state machine. Threads are for people
who can't program state machines.»              —Alan Cox