Re: SPAM

* It was Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:51:13PM -0500 when David Champion said:
> * On 2004.06.25, in <20040625194135.GB8972@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

> > Indeed they are. However, there are different lists for different topics
> > just as with newsgroups. Would you post this same message to a Mutt
> > newsgroup, or a Procmail one? Where do you think you would get better
> > answers from?
>
> I think it's fine to leave that to the poster's discretion. Sometimes
> posting a filtering question to a mutt list leads to some interesting
> approaches or discoveries, not just for the poster, but for others
> as well. If you're not interested, stop reading the thread and don't
> respond. Certainly don't pummel the poster. Svenning is no fun for
> anyone but the svenner.

I didn't mean to pummel or be rude at all. Sorry if it seemed that way.
I agree that some things mail-related can relate to mutt too. In this
case though, where mutt is not related at all it still seems (to me)
like the poster would receive more information from a procmail-specific
resource.

If I find a thread uninteresting I do ignore it.

--
Sami Samhuri