Re: ascii_chars and default color

> It was Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:06:28AM +0200 when Oliver Fuchs said:
> Hi,
>
> I am using mutt on Debain and FreeBSD.
> To get things wright I had to change my .muttrc file (from Debian to
> FreeBSD):
>
> First thing was that I had to set
> ASCII_chars to get the threads working.
> I wonder what it is depending on (ASCII and ACS characters).
>
> Second point was that my FreeBSD box is not able to set the color default to
> what it is mend to: as a transparent color.
> Where can I check if my terminal type is supporting the
> default-transparent-color?
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> Oliver

My experience is that it's better to set both colours explicitly
anyways. That way when I log in from my console or from an xterm w/
reverse video at home it looks normal. But when I log in from the
Solaris machines at school with their default non-reverse video it still
looks the same. I initially set the background explicitly to black
because things looked weird on different terms on my PC, then realized
the portability benefit later. YMMV.

--
Sami Samhuri