Re: Using mutt for MMDF to mbox conversion -- problem!

* Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-04-2004 23:24]:

> * René Clerc <rene@xxxxxxxx> [04-02-04 14:37]:
> >
> > However, mutt -f <new_folder> gives me back less messages!  Inspection
> > learns that some messages are concatenated; apparently, some From_
> > headers were not written.  I find this very strange (because on MMDF,
> > mutt was able to seperately identify the messages.
> >
> > Does this sound familiar to anyone?  If this is a mutt problem, I'll be
> > glad to help track down the problem (provided, of course, that someone
> > gives me a hint on how to convert my MMDF folders..) ;-)
>
> I do not know that it is a mutt problem but I recall that procmail will
> do what you need, ie:

[...]

> formail -ds procmail -f - -m sandbox.including.'from'.recipe.rc < mbox.file

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, formail fails to split the
messages properly.  Perhaps the folder is in a somewhat corrupted MMDF
format, although it seems as if messages are correctly surrounded by 4
^A's..

Btw, I solved the problem by re-installing uw-imapd as my IMAP server,
which didn't give trouble opening these mailfolders.  I used IMAP to
copy the messages to a new mailfolder, which has the mbox format.  And
then reinstalled dovecot as IMAP server.  Man, I love Debian (just
switched).

Oh and still, if anyone feels like tracking down the mutt part of the
problem (remember, mutt did seem to be able to read the folder, and
correctly identified the messages, but saving to an mbox resulted in
concatenation of some messages), I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off
your shoes.
-Mickey Mouse