Cyrus problem

I have the following problem.

Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server (but seemingly the current one from CVS also)
has a bug that causes it not to send a state-update when a client marks a
mail as seen until one does something else. E.g.

start two sslsessions against a cyrus server and select the same folder.

set the state to a mail as flagged in one of them
do a noop in the other
you will get an update of the status

but

set the state to a mail as read (or unread) in one of them
do a noop in the other
you will not get an update of the status

and

set the state to a mail as read (or unread) in one of them
do a noop in this first session
do a noop in the other
you will get an update of the status

I know my sysadmin won't upgrade the server even if the bug is fixed so I
ask for a workaround.

In pine it seemingly works when you set some kind of autopolling to e.g. 60
seconds.

Then it seems to have sent the noop command and thus the state update will
be sent.

I figured this must work in mutt as well so I tried to set different
things.

set timeout = 10
set check_mail = 10

and even

set imap_keepalive = 10

But still it doesn't update. This is kinda annoying if you run two mutts.
They get out of sync and I have to mark mails as read twice. As soon as I
change folder with the one that I read the mail in it understands it in the
other one.

best regards

--

Anders Bakken