Re: Setting up mutt with procmail

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 20:11, Draco Paladin wrote:

> This is exactly what I do on my system.  I have my .fetchmailrc as the
> following:
>
> set logfile /home/paladin/.fetchmail/fetchmail.log
>
> poll example.com localdomains example.com:
>     with protocol imap
>     username XXXXXXX password XXXXXXXX
>     ssl
> ;
>
> This delivers it to my locally running sendmail, which in turn passes it
> on to procmail.  In my .procmailrc I have entries like the following:
>
> :0:
> * ^(From|Cc|To).*mutt-users.*@mutt.org
> * MUTT
>
> Then have my mutt set up to check all the various local folders for
> mail.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks.  Does fetchmail leave the mail on the IMAP server until deleted
by mutt?

And could the sendmail step be omitted such that it goes from fetchmail
to procmail?

Thanks again.

--
Cheers,
Trey

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly,
a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound -
if I can remember any of the damn things."
-- Dorothy Parker

21:31:10 up 1 day, 22:59, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.11, 0.09
Linux salamander 2.6.4 #1 SMP Wed Mar 10 23:59:57 PST 2004 i686 unknown
unknown GNU/Linux