Re: reply-hook help please

David Champion <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [20040319 12:54 MST -0700]:

> I think it should be sufficient to set reverse_name, but you need to
> ensure that the address in the message header is set as an alternate in
> your muttrc. In 1.5.4, which you seem to be running currently, that's
> done by setting the alternates variable. In 1.5.6 or later, that'll
> change to a series of alternates commands.

Thanks for the pointer.  I did some further reading in the muttrc man
pages and now have something that looks like this in my
~/mutt/.settings.muttrc

set from=email1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
set alternates="((email1|email2)@first.address)|(email3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)"
set use_from
set envelope_from=yes

in addition to reverse_name.  So far it seems to be working.

--
W. Steven Schneider <steven_schneider@xxxxxxxxx>