Re: navigating in the index

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:08:18AM +0000, Ian Partridge wrote:

> When I'm in the index and press 'd' to mark a message for
> deletion, I can't seem to be able to return the indictor to that
> message if I then wish to undelete it. The 'j' and 'k' keys are
> bound to next-undeleted and previous-undeleted, respectively.
>
> I couldn't see a simple 'next-message' and 'previous-message'
> command that I could map keys to.
>
> Is there one, or an alternative answer?

The way I do this is:

Move to the message above the message that has been deleted in error,
then press "t" to tag that message.  Pressing "t" again then tags the
deleted message.  Next, ";u" will undelete all tagged messages, followed
by ";t" to untag all tagged messages.  If a large number of messages
have been deleted in error, "~t ." (tag all) followed by ";u" and ";t"
will undelete all of them.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx