Re: [offtopic] procmail help

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 09:56:32PM +0100, Richard J. Cattien wrote:
Hi,

i know, this is the wrong list, but maybe someone knows a quick answer
because many use procmail here.

Here's my problem. I renamed the folder in which mutt stores its mails
from "mail" to "Mail", but forgot to change this also in ~/.procmailrc.
I fetched my mails as usually but procmail couldn't deliver thim because
it can't write to "mail" (of course i renamed it)

Procmail log said: procmail: Couldn't chdir to "/home/rc/.mutt/mail"

So now ... where does procmail store mails which couldn't be delivered?
I really hope they are stored somewhere, and if they are saved, what
need i to do do make procmail redeliver it?

Procmail should create missing mailboxes and folders if it was supposed to
deliver mail there.  I'd be interested to see your procmail recipe for this
delivery.  Also, what version of procmail and how are you running it?  Could
this be a permission issue with the directory?

As another poster said, mail should end up in your default mail directory if
procmail can't figure out anywhere else for it.
HTH.

--
Michael