about pgp-signed messages

First of all, apologies for the somewhat off-topic rant.  There
is a mutt-related point near the end.

I subscribe to about a dozen mailing lists.  This list (that is
mutt-users) stands out in terms of its large proportion of
pgp-signed messages.

I have not experimented with pgp-signing mainly because I am not quite
convinced of its value in casual communications, such as messages sent
to this, or any other, mailing list.

For instance, do you mind that the message that you are reading right
now is not signed?  Does it matter?

On the other hand, I finds signed messages annoying.  I don't have
any of senders' public keys -- this is an international forum, after
all -- so pgp verification always fails.

purpose.

Unfortunately they do add garbage to the screen.  Each signed message
begins with:

   [-- PGP output follows (current time: Tue 04 Nov 2003 12:17:24 PM EST) --]
   gpg: Signature made Tue 04 Nov 2003 11:52:34 AM EST using DSA key ID xxxxxx
   [-- End of PGP output --]

   [-- The following data is signed --]

This wastes 7 precious screen lines.

To bring this rant to an on-topic issue:

Is there a way to tell mutt that I don't care to see any of this
pgp-related stuff?

--
Rouben Rostamian <rostamian@xxxxxxxx>