Re: OT: learning curve (was: a little comparison of procmail and maildrop)

* Jack Bertram <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-11-2003 16:37]:

> Whether or not there is an official psychological definition, two points
> apply here:
>
> - Firstly, and to your point, given that everyone "knows" that a steep
>   learning curve is a hard one, people won't know what you're talking
>   about if you refer to a shallow learning curve
>
> - Secondly, the reason people talk about a learning curve in the first
>   place is because they view it in two other dimensions: progress and
>   effort. A hill is a one-dimensional reduction of these two dimensions,
>   where moving the same distance (as the crow files) takes more effort
>   when the hill is steep.  In the everyday context, the psychological
>   definition is so much irrelevance.

Right, and this is all explained in the article I referred to.  The
article sort of predicts these discussions.  But shall we stop them
for now?

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

This is not a spam.  You receive this message because you are on
a list of email addresses I have bought.