Re: ".<CR><LF>" in mailbody terminates sending of mail

Hello Carsten,

 On Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 12:36:09 AM +0100, Carsten Zimmermann wrote:

    [send dot-line cuts mail]
> My question is whether it is a known bug in mutt, one in my MTA or
> just an issue to Know And Avoid.

    Not a Mutt bug: This is an SMTP thing, and Mutt doesn't speak SMTP.
No reason to avoid dots. Problem could be misconfiguration of your MTA,
or bad MTA or MDA further on the road.

> The .<CR><LF><CR><LF> in the message body should be escaped when
> passing it to sendmail.

    No. Mutt passes mail to $sendmail on stdin, terminated with an EOF.
No special treatment of dot is involved.

Bye!    Alain.
--
When you post a new message, beginning a new topic, use the "mail" or
"post" or "new message" functions.