Re: HowTo set the Reply-To: for mailing lists automatically

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 05:05:26PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am subscribed to plenty of different mailing lists for which I
> configured mutt appropriately.  However, I do not understand how I can
> automate the settings for the Reply-To:-Field in an easy way.  So far,
> I have for all mailing lists 'send-hook ~l my_hdr Reply-To:...' as
> stated above.

> - I could create a shell script that would do the same job
>   to wrap the editing -- there must be a more elegant solution to
>   that.

If that's the only reason you use it for, it's not terribly elegant.
If you store your list info in a different format, though, you gain
many advantages.  My shell script (makenewlistsrc) can be used directly
in your RC config (source "makenewlistsrc|") if you don't want to
bother with generated files.  However, if you take a peek at the end
of my ~/.mutt/keymaprc.qwerty, you'll notice that \cr remakes all my
autogenerated files and then reloads the configuration.  My source file
stores lots of information about the lists, and the newlistsrc file,
as a consequence, contains lots of niceties that maintaining manually
would be a real pain (including the comments, making the RC file even
remotely readable).

My makenewaliasesrc only modifies the From: address, but the change you
seek is trivial.  (If you don't feel like making it yourself for any
reason, I'll be glad to add the feature to my "official" version.)

HTH,
 - Dave

BTW - Note that Majordomo and MailMan, at least, aren't smart enough to
realize that blah+goo@gaa is a legal address of blah@gaa, so they give
grief about nonsubscriber posting.  The only known solution (I already
asked this list's admin, so don't bother duplicating my efforts) is to
unsubscribe at your current address and subscribe at your new address.

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel