Re: Headers rewriting problem

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:47:41AM NZDT, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> BTW - Maybe we should make a note somewhere that if you're not subscribed
> to the list and want to ask a question anyway, that you shouldn't
> tell people to mail the replies to you directly, but rather to CC you
> the replies.  Else, people may forget to send their replies to the list
> too, which would defeat the whole purpose of the list - and its primary
> advantage over 1-on-1 help.

There are headers to handle this.  (Watch me get details wrong, but I
lack the time to look it up at the moment)  Mail-Followup-To: should be
set to include both the list and the individual.  This makes the
responding MUA send to everyone interested when using list-reply.  If I
understand correctly, using "lists" in the muttrc will make this
transparent to the original sender, too.

Greg
--- -