Re: want an unencrypted copie of outgoing email

Alexander --

[Sorry that I don't have the original message...  A rare but truly
disastrous ****up on my server.]

...and then Allister MacLeod said...
%
% On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 03:27:19PM +0200, Alexander wrote:
% > I have another thing to ask: does anyone save the (private) email he get
% > and the (private) email he save in the same folder to get all email

Absolutely.

% > threaded? I never heard of someone doing this and it is never suggested

What, you didn't see save_name and force_name in the manual?

% > in any config files... But I can't see the point in that, isn't more
% > usefull to have your (private) email threaded as you do with
% > mailinglists?

Yep.  In fact, when I replied I used to save only my reply, since it had
all of the original text within it, but have even switched to saving both
his message and my reply for better threading and subsequent replies (too
many times I had to reply to myself and respond to his double-quoted
message much like this one).

I don't have any sort of =sent-mail dumping ground defined; if the email
doesn't deserve its own folder and yet isn't classifiable as support or
such (which would go into the generic =support box), then I leave it in
my inbox for a while to see if it will grow some replies or (believe it
or not :-) just get deleted.

Meanwhile, I don't see what this has to do with encryption, but see my
initial apology above.  In case it matters, I'm in the "encrypt to self
and don't worry about linking the IDs" camp because I haven't yet had to
send anonymous encrypted email, but see past discussions on this as you
make your policy decisions.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.