Re: reducing gpg output showed in mutt

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 12:00:53PM -0400, Allister MacLeod wrote:

> Perhaps it's actually a gpg issue rather than
> mutt, but I'd like to keep the output down to something like:
>
> [-- PGP output follows ... --]
> gpg: Signature made ... using ... key ...
> gpg: Good signature from "..."
> gpg: Policy: http://...
> [-- End of PGP output --]

Mine is actually down to even less than that :-)

> So, if there's any way to reconfigure either mutt or gpg to stop at
> one ID, please let me know.  I'm currently using the gpg.rc from
> mutt-1.5.4.

I did neither :-)

Okay, here's what I did:
1) Grab my gpg.rc [1] (diff against stock 1.5.4 to see what pathnames
I changed) and use it instead.
2) Grab my gpg.mutt [2] script (easy to modify to produce the output
you want instead of my ultra-short one).

Here's what else you need to do:
3) Change the "grep -i correct" in my script to some pattern to catch
whatever you want to output.  (Note that what I have is known to produce
only one line of output (either correct or INCORRECT) for the Spanish
GnuPG, but I don't think it does the trick for English.  You'll almost
certainly want to hack it at least a bit.)
4) Change references in your RC files to include my gpg.rc.
5) Reload your configuration (may require a Mutt restart depending on
your config).

Note that if you want to see the complete GnuPG output, simply uncomment
the last line of the gpg.mutt script (and don't forget to comment the
"echo -n ..." line), and rePGP the message (hh == a handy keystroke for
that; HH if you're using my Mutt QWERTY keyboard config [3]).

HTH,
 - Dave

[1]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/gpg.rc