Re: [Mutt] #3460: view-attachments menu "view-attach" command uses auto_view for all text attachments, even when a suitable interactive command is in the mailcap file. This is particularly bad for text/html attachments.

#3460: view-attachments menu "view-attach" command uses auto_view for all text
attachments, even when a suitable interactive command is in the mailcap
file.  This is particularly bad for text/html attachments.
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ajschorr                                  |       Owner:  mutt-dev
     Type:  defect                                    |      Status:  new

Comment(by vinc17):

 Replying to [comment:5 ajschorr]:
 > Is it possible to have a compromise solution where the user can
 configure it to his liking?  I considered binding "view-mailcap" to the
 <Enter> key instead of "view-attach", but I don't think it is suitable
 (since it fails in some cases instead of falling back to text display).

 If it fails, then this is probably a problem with your mailcap file.
 Anyway, auto_view uses the mailcap file too, so that if auto_view also
 fails, you want to go in an infinite loop?

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3460#comment:7>
Mutt <http://www.mutt.org/>