Re: [Mutt] #3460: view-attachments menu "view-attach" command uses auto_view for all text attachments, even when a suitable interactive command is in the mailcap file. This is particularly bad for text/html attachments.

#3460: view-attachments menu "view-attach" command uses auto_view for all text
attachments, even when a suitable interactive command is in the mailcap
file.  This is particularly bad for text/html attachments.
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ajschorr                                  |       Owner:  mutt-dev
     Type:  defect                                    |      Status:  new

Comment(by derekmartin):

 It's certainly possible to add an option to add yet another option to do
 that.  Personally, I'm opposed... I think this change was sensible, and
 even with the change in place, you can already do what you want.  You just
 have to press 'm' instead of 'enter'.  You want to add configuration bloat
 to avoid having to train yourself to use a different key.  Adding yet
 another option to Mutt's already overcomplicated configuration for
 something so trivial seems like the Wrong Thing to me.

 My take on this is, if you use this feature often, you'll relearn the
 right key in no time (I already have), and if you don't, the inconvenience
 is so small as to be not worth discussing.  Or, you can just re-bind the
 keys as you suggest, if that causes less pain.  That's my $0.20
 (inflation, you know)...

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3460#comment:6>
Mutt <http://www.mutt.org/>