Re: mail_check_recent does not work with homespool

* Michael Elkins on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 08:59:49 -0700
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 04:43:38PM +0200, Christian Ebert wrote:
>> The behaviour for my spoolfile is exactly as if I had the default
>> setting:
>>
>> mail_check_recent=no
>>
>> i.e. new mail is detected once, but not after I visited the spool
>> and left the message(s) unread.
>
> If you want to be notified about new mail that you left unread, then
> you should unset mail_check_recent.  With mail_check_recent, you
> will only be notified if _additional_ new mail is received.

Then I observe the reverse behaviour here.

mail_check_recent=no

Notified only when new mail arrives.

mail_check_recent=yes

Notified when new mail arrives, and notified about mail that I've
left unread. -- Except for my homespool.

Regardless of the setting I just want the behaviour before the
new variable was introduced.

Something seems to be completely wrong here.

Ok, for the fun of it I unset mail_check_recent again. And
suddenly it works as expected. I even had to look up what exactly
had changed and found this variable. Very strange. I only did set
it after I observed this change in behaviour ...

I am very sorry for the noise, I have no explanation as to why
this happened.

\black\trash movie         _SAME  TIME  SAME  PLACE_
 --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/stsp.php
\black\trash audio   _ANOTHER  TIME  ANOTHER  PLACE_
--->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/atap.html