Re: PGP menu

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 09:48:12AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> [snip]
>
> BTW, perhaps the inline / PGP/MIME switch could be removed. The manual
> says:
>
>    Also note that using the old-style PGP message format is strongly
>    deprecated. (PGP only)
>
> So, an option could be sufficient for users who really need it
> (possibly better with send-hook).

Please don't do that. There are still times when using inline PGP
is a "good" idea. (Older) Outlook can't handle the PGP/MIME
format and inline provides compatibility for those versions.
Inline also allows easier verification for web mailing
interfaces.

I prefer inline for example when I send mails to persons with an
unknown mailer so I can be sure they are able to read my mail. I
know that inline has its problems, but please leave the switch
there.

Thanks,
Simon
--