Re: PGP menu

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 06:28:17AM -0700, Michael Elkins wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 01:27:42PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >In pgp_send_menu() from pgp.c, one has:
> >
> > case 5: /* (f)orget it */
> > case 6: /* (c)lear     */
> >   msg->security = 0;
> >   break;
> >
> >Shouldn't (f)orget be removed as it isn't displayed?
> >This may confuse the user if he types on "f" by mistake.
>
> I noticed that as well and wasn't sure why it was there.  I'm all
> for removing the 'f' key since it is not in the prompt.

I can answer that.  About, ah, maybe 4-5 years ago, I created the
patch changing the prompt to essentially its current form.  I felt
that, among other things, (f)orget it was ambiguous and generally kind
of yucky, and suggested the current (c)lear instead.  Thomas agreed,
but insisted that (f) should continue to work since it was, as I
believe he put it, "hard-wired into my brain."

I agree (as I did then) that it should be removed, FWIW, for the same
reason Vincent suggests.

-=-=-=-=-