Re: 4b5326d8d2ee breaks viewing of text/html with needsterminal

On Thursday, 25 June 2009 at 00:07, Christian Ebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since
>
> changeset:   5906:4b5326d8d2ee
> branch:      HEAD
> parent:      5904:f40de578e8ed
> user:        Rocco Rutte <pdmef@xxxxxxx>
> date:        Wed Jun 17 18:02:19 2009 +0200
> files:       UPDATING muttlib.c
> Always display text/* parts inline, overrideable by auto_view. Closes #3246.
>

> mailcap entries like
>
> text/html; w3m -F -T text/html %s; nametemplate=%s.html; needsterminal
>
> do not work anymore. When I do "auto_view text/html" html
> attachments are *dumped* in the attach menu.
>
> Am I overlooking something?

After all these years, I've just discovered the 'm' (view-mailcap)
command in the attachment menu (previously I used <enter>
(view-attach)). I'm now thinking the new behaviour may be better: you
get paged output if you can, unless you request mailcap handling with
'm'. I have a similar w3m handler to yours, with copiousoutput to
cause mutt to render the attachment for the pager. I can use 'm' to
read the attachment with firefox (or your w3m configuration).

I'm now thinking Rocco's followup patch in this thread isn't
necessary.