Re: bug hunting party

Hi Rocco,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 01:17:36PM +0100, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> * Derek Martin wrote:
>> I have a thought about the approach to fix #2560:
>>
>>  http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2560
[...]
> Yes: there's no portable iconv way to obtain the list of supported
> charsets, at least as far as I know. I was told on I think #mutt that
> iconvlist() isn't portable. See #1668 and changeset
>
>    http://localhost:8000/mutt/main/rev/fb77465af534

Well, if that's true, we've already established that the real problem
is in a buggy library (iconv) that mutt links against, and not mutt
itself...  If there's no portable way to make iconv tell you what
character sets it supports (BTW does that include something like
popen("iconv -l") too?), then it seems to me this bug should be closed
as invalid.

-=-=-=-=-