Re: bug hunting party

Hi,

* Derek Martin wrote:

I have a thought about the approach to fix #2560:

 http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2560

The first time Mutt needs to call iconv, it should get (and cache) the
list of available encodings (the equivalent of iconv -l from the
command line).  If the message's encoding is not listed, display an
error indicating that mutt will be unable to display the message.

Alternately (perhaps configurably), Mutt could use the assumed charset
to attempt to display the message.

Thoughts?

Yes: there's no portable iconv way to obtain the list of supported
charsets, at least as far as I know. I was told on I think #mutt that
iconvlist() isn't portable. See #1668 and changeset

   http://localhost:8000/mutt/main/rev/fb77465af534

Maybe mutt_check_charset() can be used to fix #2560?

Rocco