Re: Mutt and Ubuntu

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 04:02:51PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> from reading the email, it seems that his locale is set for UTF-8, but
> mutt's using ncurses (not ncursesw).

As usual, Thomas was exactly right.

Thanks again.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 05:02:14PM -0400, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> FWIW I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 "hardy heron" (current stable) and I got
> my mutt by using dget(1) to pull the Intrepid (current devel) .dsc,
> orig.tar.gz, and diff.gz from here:

I want to be running the latest unpatched development code from the
mutt repository, with specific compile-time options, for various
reasons.  Thus I think this option wouldn't work for me...

> I don't see the problems you describe and I get the following:

I didn't see them either on Ubuntu's stock mutt package, so that
doesn't surprise me.

> If you like Debian/Ubuntu

Actually I don't, for a wide variety of reasons (which I will avoid
going into in order to spare the list the ensuing flame war), but it's
the approved Linux OS at work, so that's what I run. ;-)  I appreciate
your comments though.

-=-=-=-=-