Re: [Mutt] #2014: mutt quote/dequote headers too many times

#2014: mutt quote/dequote headers too many times

Comment (by TAKAHASHI Tamotsu):

 {{{
 > Comment (by vinc17):
 >
 >  Replying to [comment:4 TAKAHASHI Tamotsu]:
 >  > In short, this problem is caused by the fact that mutt uses
 >  > the same decoration (color, italic, bold, or anything) for
 >  > both display names and addresses.
 >
 >  In fact it doesn't. Double quotes can be regarded as a decoration and
 Mutt
 >  uses them when necessary.
 >
 >  > If you prefer having double-quotes around _every_ display
 >  > name, you are against mutt's behavior rather than my patch.
 >
 >  No, only when need be, i.e. when there is some ambiguity (which Mutt
 does
 >  without your patch -- but it does other things incorrectly).

 Oh, I removed the RFC822Specials case from rfc822_write_address_single().
 Though I don't remember why I made such a modification,
 you may want to revert the chunk of the patch.
 (e.g. Delete lines 207-253 of patch-1.5.11cvs.tamovl.namequot.1)

 Well, I hope it is not a core part of the patch.
 But if you find a side-effect, you may need to check "display",
 i.e.:
 -    if (strpbrk (addr->personal, RFC822Specials))
 +    if (display && strpbrk (addr->personal, RFC822Specials))

 HTH,
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2014#comment:>