Re: [Mutt] #3025: configure check for md5 fails

#3025: configure check for md5 fails

Comment (by Kyle Wheeler):

 {{{
 On Friday, February  1 at 09:13 PM, quoth Mutt:
 > I have never heard of a program called md5 on Linux (or anywhere
 > else), but I have had one of my own for over a decade.

 /sbin/md5 is part of MacOS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD. Probably a
 few others too. It’s hardly “exotic”. What “anywhere else” did you
 have in mind? Cygwin?

 > Could you perhaps consider checking for md5sum before md5, or at
 > least making sure with further tests that when looking for an exotic
 > program, it's actually the one you're looking for?

 I think it’s probably a wise idea to ensure that the program in
 question has the expected interface. +1

 As for re-ordering… that’s a bandaid that would help *you*, but nobody
 else (it’s theoretically possible that a few BSD users have their own
 md5sum programs).

 ~Kyle
 }}}

--