Re: [Mutt] #3017: change-folder: tab-completion results in "Out of

#3017: change-folder: tab-completion results in "Out of memory!", return value
= 1
if many files for the menu

Comment (by Rocco Rutte):

 {{{
 Hi,

 * Mutt wrote:

 > Perhaps you can waste some memory with a geometric progression compared
 > an arithmetic progression (but this is not obvious, as the fragmentation
 > may be lower), but the time complexity should be better. I'd say O(n)
 > instead of O(n^2^). See [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_array].
 But
 > all this depends on the malloc routine and how blocks are allocated.

 Even 2000 files in a directory you browse with mutt are quite a lot, and
 that would be 1 calloc() and 7 realloc() calls. I think there're areas
 in mutt where memory management needs to be improved first than this
 one... what gains do you expect from such an optimization?

 Rocco
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3017#comment:>