Re: [Mutt] #3015: Segmentation Fault on redirection operator

Hi,

* Mutt wrote:

Since the sendmail-calling code explicetely tests for 'from' being exactly one address, I guess it's an invalid assumption that a message always has a sender address?

may be... mutt should exit grace fully giving some proper error message.

Exiting is just as bad if you ask me. IMHO it should have some fallback and try that one and display the error in case the server returns one.

segmentation fault looks terrible(well, at least to a end user!)

ACK.

I'd be interested as to when this happens (and why) since mutt should IMHO always generate some sender for any outgoing message...

I tried to  determine that, but  the code is too complicated to me.

I didn't mean finding the bug in the code (if there's any) but rather any usage pattern this happens on.

Rocco