Re: wish: enable encrytion to arbitrary number of keys (was: Re:

Hi Derek,
* Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [23. Nov. 2007]:
> IOW, the sender encrypts to one key: the mailing list's public key.
> The list management software should do the rest.

Yeah, this would be great in many use cases.  But as far as I
know there is only one open source mailing list manager capable
of doing so: "Sympa" which only operates with S/MIME encrypted
messages... The vast majority of mailing list managers and
mailing list services do not provide such service.

I guess the problem is quite complex (PGP/MIME vs. inline
PGP; v2 vs. v3 keys, enforcing signatures or not, what to do with
not encrypted mail, how to store the secret key of the mailing
list...)

Ciao, Gregor
--