wish: enable encrytion to arbitrary number of keys (was: Re: #2873: Support for gpg groups)

Hi Mutt developers,
* Mutt <fleas@xxxxxxxx> [05. Apr. 2007]:
> #2873: Support for gpg groups
>
>  It would be nice if mutt supported GPG groups in the crypt-hook, so that
>  encrypted mailing lists can easily be done without the need to create
>  mailing list keys.

I second this or some other means to enable encryption to several
keys which have no corresponding recipent in the email headers.
If crypt-hook would allow for multiple keys or would not test if
there actually is a (valid) pub key corresponding to the provided
string this also would solve the problem.

Using a shared key for a mailing list is not the best option
because one would have to create and communicate a new key
whenever a member of the list leaves the list (and possibly also
when someone joins the list).  For lists with only a few members
who know exactly who is on the list this feature would make
things much easier.

This related to bugs #973, #110, #1610 and #1897.

Sorry for posting on the list, I was not able to log in on
bugs.mutt.org since I do not know a valid user-id/password
combination and did not find any hint about this issue in the
fine manual.

One and a half years ago Rocco Rutte wrote a posting to a
german LUG list about fiddling with a patch to crypt-hook to
enable this.  That's the reason why I Cc:-ed him.

Ciao, Gregor
--