Re: [Mutt] #2873: Support for gpg groups

#2873: Support for gpg groups

Comment (by Gregor Zattler):

 {{{
 Hi Mutt developers,
 * Mutt <fleas@xxxxxxxx> [05. Apr. 2007]:
 > #2873: Support for gpg groups
 >
 >  It would be nice if mutt supported GPG groups in the crypt-hook, so
 that
 >  encrypted mailing lists can easily be done without the need to create
 >  mailing list keys.

 I second this or some other means to enable encryption to several
 keys which have no corresponding recipent in the email headers.
 If crypt-hook would allow for multiple keys or would not test if
 there actually is a (valid) pub key corresponding to the provided
 string this also would solve the problem.

 Using a shared key for a mailing list is not the best option
 because one would have to create and communicate a new key
 whenever a member of the list leaves the list (and possibly also
 when someone joins the list).  For lists with only a few members
 who know exactly who is on the list this feature would make
 things much easier.

 This related to bugs #973, #110, #1610 and #1897.

 Sorry for posting on the list, I was not able to log in on
 bugs.mutt.org since I do not know a valid user-id/password
 combination and did not find any hint about this issue in the
 fine manual.

 One and a half years ago Rocco Rutte wrote a posting to a
 german LUG list about fiddling with a patch to crypt-hook to
 enable this.  That's the reason why I Cc:-ed him.

 Ciao, Gregor
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2873#comment:>